Are you a an actively studying accountant in Practice and looking for a new challenge? Perhaps you've looked at making a move but switching to a new firm doesn't excite you? Think again!
We are partnering with an pioneering start up accounting and business consultancy firm who're on a journey to change the face of accountancy for the better. Founded by accountants-cum-entrepreneurs, this tech based accounting firm is focused on working with exciting SME and scale up businesses, providing a responsive, remote business partner.
With the team doubling in size in recent months, coupled with 2 office moves, this is a fantastic opportunity to join this constantly evolving accountancy disruptor.
- Supporting the client onboarding journey
- Finance system design & build and working with data structures
- Improve processes for new clients, leveraging technology where possible
- Supporting the design of rich bespoke client management information
- Developing client process manuals
- Performing reconciliations, VAT returns, prepayments/accruals & journals
- Preparing management commentaries for complex clients
- Preparing monthly/quarterly management accounts for complex clients
- Review of annual statutory accounts and corporation tax
- Responding to technical accounting queries
- Primary contact for less complex clients
- Technical support to managers in delivery of their portfolios
What will you offer?
- Have passed some ACCA or ACA exams and be actively studying
- At least 2-4 years of relevant experience in a small to mid sized practice
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping and management accounts
- Enjoyment of working for different clients whilst understanding their individual needs
- Experience coaching junior members of the team
- Experience managing smaller clients
- Strong computer skills, particularly cloud accounting (Xero, QuickBooks etc)
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
What's on offer?
A fantastic benefits package to include, but not limited to:
- Performance related bonus
- Unlimited holidays
- Private medical insurance
- Fully paid for strategy week abroad
- MacBook Air for work/personal use
For more information on this start up accountancy business, please apply or contact Alex Baxter Smith at Harvey John.