This well established, top 15 firm of accountants are seeking a part-qualified Audit & Accounts Semi-Senior to join their small team in Slough.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your experience in a dynamic and entrepreneurial firm, working hands on with SME/OMB clients as well as direct contact with Partners and Senior Managers.
What you'll be doing:
- Planning and delivery of audit/accounts assignments
- Plan assignments in conjunction with the client manager
- Lead smaller assignments and assist colleagues on larger or more complex projects
- Supervise junior staff during the audit and review their work
- Deliver the audit file to the assignment manager in timely manner
- Identify and document audit issues and control weaknesses
- Regularly communicate assignment progress to the manager
- Monitor your chargeability and your assignment budgets pro-actively
What you'll offer:
- Minimum 2 years' experience of working within an audit based role
- ACA/ACCA part-qualified
- Experience of OMB/SME private company audits: planning, budget preparation, identifying key risks, developing an audit plan, executing the audit on site
- Experience of analytical review, documenting systems and controls, sampling techniques
- Experience preparing audit files using an electronic working paper system such as Caseware
- Some prior experience of statutory company accounts preparation under UK GAAP
- Experience of preparing budgets and monitoring actual time against budget
For more information please apply or contact Alex Baxter Smith at Harvey John.